So I have so totally sucked at blogging consistantly. I have been snowed in for like a week nearly. Luckily my parents walked to the grocery store with me a few days ago and I was able to stock up. And I really mean, stock up! We got steak and and pasta and so I had to make: STEAK AND PASTA!!!
5 cloves garlic, finely minced, divided
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 ob lean eye round steak, cubed
16 oz whole-wheat farfalle pasta
olive oil cooking spray
1 medium yellow onion (or if you're a fan, a really large one), finely diced
1 28-oz jar or can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp dried basil
8 oz low-fat sour cream
1. Prepare marinade: In a bowl, whisk together 3 cloves garlic, vinegar, Dijon, cinnamon and pepper. Pour marinade over steak cubes in another container, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Cook farfalle according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Drain steak cubes and discard marinade. Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-high, mist with cooking spray and saute steak until browned on each side, about 4 minutes total. Remove steak from pan and set aside.
4. Mist same pan with cooking spray again, add onion and remaining 2 cloves garlic and saute until brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and reduce heat to medium low. Add seasoning, basil and sour cream and combine. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, then mix in reserved steak and cook for 2 more minutes, until meat and sauce are completely warmed.
5. Serve 1 cup farfalle with 3/4 cup steak sauce. Garnish with an additional sprinkling of Italian seasoning, if desired.